Ahead of Mamata`s visit Maoist leaflets found in Purulia
Kolkata: Ahead of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s visit to Purulia district, about 50 Maoist leaflets and banners calling to observe martyrs`s week were found Monday in Purulia, police said.
The Chief Minister`s visit to Purulia is scheduled July 30.
"The leaflets and banners were found strewn on a roadside in Bandwan Monday. The security has beefed up," said Superintendent of Police Sudheer Kumar Nilkanta.
The check posts bordering Jharkhand are also being monitored, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack