Ahead of Mamata`s visit Maoist leaflets found in Purulia
Kolkata: Ahead of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s visit to Purulia district, about 50 Maoist leaflets and banners calling to observe martyrs`s week were found Monday in Purulia, police said.
The Chief Minister`s visit to Purulia is scheduled July 30.
"The leaflets and banners were found strewn on a roadside in Bandwan Monday. The security has beefed up," said Superintendent of Police Sudheer Kumar Nilkanta.
The check posts bordering Jharkhand are also being monitored, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!