AMRI: `Will consider clarification on non-execs role`
Kolkata: Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily on Monday said he will look into the possibility of issuing a clarification on the role and responsibilities of
independent and non-executive directors to bring clarity and certainty of law.
"I will move on this," Moily said reacting to complaints that companies were finding difficulties in finding independent and non-executive directors on fear of being penalised even for issues not involved in day to day affairs.
Reacting to questions at an interactive session in Calcutta Chamber of Commerce on penalising AMRI directors for a fire accident even for those who were not involved in day to day affairs, he said those not responsible should not be penalised and the new Companies Act aims to bring clarity and certainty of law on such situation.
Moily said there is no such clarity as of now and hence he will look into possibility for issuing a clarification on role and responsibilities of independent and non-executive directors till the new law is enacted.
He said New Competition Policy and New Companies Bill is likely to be placed during budget session of the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi