Anisur Rehman apologises publicly, criticises Mamata Banerjee govt
Howrah: CPI-M leader Anisur Rehman on Saturday publicly apologised for his obscene remarks against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee while also criticising her government`s spending.
"I apologise for the indecent and unparliamentary comments I had made against chief minister at a meeting at Itahar in North Dinajpur district," he told during a party meeting here.
The former minister said, "I had apologised earlier in a statement but now I am apologising publicly."
Anisur, however, criticised the Trinamool Congress-run government saying, "the chief minister continues to speak about the funds crunch in the state while the salaries of the ministers are increased."
He said that the present regime was also holding entertainment bashes with filmstars like Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan.
The CPI-M leader also claimed that the chief minister would need five years to inaugurate the developmental projects started during the earlier Left Front regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly