Anisur Rehman apologises publicly, criticises Mamata Banerjee govt
Howrah: CPI-M leader Anisur Rehman on Saturday publicly apologised for his obscene remarks against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee while also criticising her government`s spending.
"I apologise for the indecent and unparliamentary comments I had made against chief minister at a meeting at Itahar in North Dinajpur district," he told during a party meeting here.
The former minister said, "I had apologised earlier in a statement but now I am apologising publicly."
Anisur, however, criticised the Trinamool Congress-run government saying, "the chief minister continues to speak about the funds crunch in the state while the salaries of the ministers are increased."
He said that the present regime was also holding entertainment bashes with filmstars like Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan.
The CPI-M leader also claimed that the chief minister would need five years to inaugurate the developmental projects started during the earlier Left Front regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das