Anisur Rehman apologises publicly, criticises Mamata Banerjee govt
Howrah: CPI-M leader Anisur Rehman on Saturday publicly apologised for his obscene remarks against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee while also criticising her government`s spending.
"I apologise for the indecent and unparliamentary comments I had made against chief minister at a meeting at Itahar in North Dinajpur district," he told during a party meeting here.
The former minister said, "I had apologised earlier in a statement but now I am apologising publicly."
Anisur, however, criticised the Trinamool Congress-run government saying, "the chief minister continues to speak about the funds crunch in the state while the salaries of the ministers are increased."
He said that the present regime was also holding entertainment bashes with filmstars like Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan.
The CPI-M leader also claimed that the chief minister would need five years to inaugurate the developmental projects started during the earlier Left Front regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song