Another gold haul at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: Days after 24 kg gold was recovered from an aeroplane in the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here, customs officials on Saturday made twin seizures, confiscating Rs 1.29 crore worth of the metal.
"We recovered 5 kg of gold, valued at Rs 1.19 crore, kept inside a plastic bag from a Mumbai-bound cargo plane while in an another case we seized Rs 10 lakh worth of gold from man holding a Danish passport," said Assistant Commissioner of Customs RS Meena.
No arrest has been made in this regard.
Earlier 24 gold bars of a kg each were recovered from two plastic bags kept inside the toilet of a Jet Airways plane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- I was told to slim down for 'Pearl Harbor': Kate Beckinsale
- Xiaomi launching Redmi 3A with 4,000mAh battery?
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley