Another gold haul at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: Days after 24 kg gold was recovered from an aeroplane in the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here, customs officials on Saturday made twin seizures, confiscating Rs 1.29 crore worth of the metal.
"We recovered 5 kg of gold, valued at Rs 1.19 crore, kept inside a plastic bag from a Mumbai-bound cargo plane while in an another case we seized Rs 10 lakh worth of gold from man holding a Danish passport," said Assistant Commissioner of Customs RS Meena.
No arrest has been made in this regard.
Earlier 24 gold bars of a kg each were recovered from two plastic bags kept inside the toilet of a Jet Airways plane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption