Arrest me if I have links with Maoists: Mamata
Nandigram: With CPI(M) accusing the
Trinamool Congress of having links with Maoists, its chief
Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday dared the West Bengal government to
arrest her if the charge is true.
"The government should arrest me if I have any link with
Maoists. I challenge them," Banerjee told a public meeting
here at Sonachura here.
She said "we don`t want to oust CPI-M through imposition
of President`s rule. The people will do so through democratic
Banerjee, who visited Nandigram for the first time after
assuming charge as Railway minister claimed, "the Marxist
government will be wiped out in the next assembly election in
She accused the Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee of
being the leader of both Maoists and Marxists.
"He is the biggest threat to democracy. The state is
witnessing a joint venture between Maoists and Marxists".
"The government had given free passage to six Maoists
in Nandigram in 2007 and TC leader Nishikanta Mondal was
killed by Maoists at behest of CPI(M) last month," she
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!