Arrest me if I have links with Maoists: Mamata
Nandigram: With CPI(M) accusing the
Trinamool Congress of having links with Maoists, its chief
Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday dared the West Bengal government to
arrest her if the charge is true.
"The government should arrest me if I have any link with
Maoists. I challenge them," Banerjee told a public meeting
here at Sonachura here.
She said "we don`t want to oust CPI-M through imposition
of President`s rule. The people will do so through democratic
Banerjee, who visited Nandigram for the first time after
assuming charge as Railway minister claimed, "the Marxist
government will be wiped out in the next assembly election in
She accused the Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee of
being the leader of both Maoists and Marxists.
"He is the biggest threat to democracy. The state is
witnessing a joint venture between Maoists and Marxists".
"The government had given free passage to six Maoists
in Nandigram in 2007 and TC leader Nishikanta Mondal was
killed by Maoists at behest of CPI(M) last month," she
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days