Bagdogra airport to have night landing facility
Kolkata: Bagdogra airport, the lone airport
in North Bengal, will soon have night landing facility.
"Bagdogra will be equipped with CAT 3 night vision
facility that will enable pilots to have clear visibility of
50 metre at night," Transport Secretary Sumantra Chowdhury
said here today.
He said the state government would provide 23 acres of
land to the Airport Authority of India free of cost.
Out of the total area, the state government would keep
under its possession nine acre, while the rest would be
acquired by AAI. The cost of the land would be Rs 84 lakh,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love