Bagdogra airport to have night landing facility
Kolkata: Bagdogra airport, the lone airport
in North Bengal, will soon have night landing facility.
"Bagdogra will be equipped with CAT 3 night vision
facility that will enable pilots to have clear visibility of
50 metre at night," Transport Secretary Sumantra Chowdhury
said here today.
He said the state government would provide 23 acres of
land to the Airport Authority of India free of cost.
Out of the total area, the state government would keep
under its possession nine acre, while the rest would be
acquired by AAI. The cost of the land would be Rs 84 lakh,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days