Bengal govt should stop interfering in SEC: CPI(M)
Kolkata: The West Bengal government should stop interfering in the matters of the State Election Commission and allow it to hold the panchayat elections on time, the CPI(M) said on Tuesday.
"The state government should stop interfering in the jurisdiction of the Election Commission as this will only delay the panchayat elections," Left Front chairman and CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose said.
Alleging that the state government did not want the panchayat elections to be held on time, he said, "The state government is accusing opposition and others of trying to delay the panchayat polls.
"Actually, the state government itself doesn`t want the panchayat polls to be held in time," Bose said, adding that steps should be taken to ensure that the polls are held on time.
Commenting on the two years of the Mamata Banerjee government, Bose said, "We don`t want to evaluate a government just after two years as it has been voted for five years.
"But in these two years it has failed to do any development work for the people. If you compare it with the first two years of Left regime from 1977-79, you will see the difference," he said.
Led by Mamata Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress regime took over the reins of West Bengal on May 20, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum