BJP questions steps taken by WB govt for B`deshi refugees
Kolkata: Questioning steps taken by West Bengal government for rehabilitation of Bangladeshi refugees, senior BJP leader Siddharth Nath Singh Thursday said Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee `welcomes` illegal infiltrators but has no sympathy for the refugees.
"We welcome and congratulate Shivraj Singh Chauhan for settling and giving jobs to 5464 Bangladeshi refugees in Madhya Pradesh. This is in line with a promise made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at his election rallies that the refugees should be welcomed and the economic burden should be shared by all states," Singh told PTI here.
"We are happy that BJP ruled state (Madhya Pradesh) has taken this important step. The question is what is West Bengal government doing? We are noticing that Mamata Banerjee welcomes illegal infiltrators but but has no sympathy for refugees from Bangladesh," he said.
Modi in his speeches at the rallies prior to the Lok Sabha polls had repeatedly insisted that the burden of Bangladeshi refugees should be shared by the entire country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday