Building collapse case: HC grants bail to four TMC employees
Thane: Four employees of Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC), who had been arrested in connection with a building collapse incident at Daighar area in Shil Phata near Thane, were granted bail by the Bombay Hight Court Tuesday.
The four accused had been arrested around a year ago.
The TMC employees who were granted bail are- Deputy Municipal Commissioner Deepak Chavan, Assistant Municipal Commissioner Babasaheb Andale, engineer Ramesh Inamdar and clerk Kisan Madke.
With this, the total number of persons released on bail so far in this case has gone up to eleven. While the police had arrested 24 accused, three are still at large.
Special public prosecutor Shishir Hirey told reporters that the state would challenge the order in the Supreme Court.
The eight-storey building had collapsed in Mumbra, a suburb of Thane, on April 4, 2013 in which 74 people, including 18 children, had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway