Building collapse case: HC grants bail to four TMC employees
Thane: Four employees of Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC), who had been arrested in connection with a building collapse incident at Daighar area in Shil Phata near Thane, were granted bail by the Bombay Hight Court Tuesday.
The four accused had been arrested around a year ago.
The TMC employees who were granted bail are- Deputy Municipal Commissioner Deepak Chavan, Assistant Municipal Commissioner Babasaheb Andale, engineer Ramesh Inamdar and clerk Kisan Madke.
With this, the total number of persons released on bail so far in this case has gone up to eleven. While the police had arrested 24 accused, three are still at large.
Special public prosecutor Shishir Hirey told reporters that the state would challenge the order in the Supreme Court.
The eight-storey building had collapsed in Mumbra, a suburb of Thane, on April 4, 2013 in which 74 people, including 18 children, had died.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why