Building collapse case: HC grants bail to four TMC employees
Thane: Four employees of Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC), who had been arrested in connection with a building collapse incident at Daighar area in Shil Phata near Thane, were granted bail by the Bombay Hight Court Tuesday.
The four accused had been arrested around a year ago.
The TMC employees who were granted bail are- Deputy Municipal Commissioner Deepak Chavan, Assistant Municipal Commissioner Babasaheb Andale, engineer Ramesh Inamdar and clerk Kisan Madke.
With this, the total number of persons released on bail so far in this case has gone up to eleven. While the police had arrested 24 accused, three are still at large.
Special public prosecutor Shishir Hirey told reporters that the state would challenge the order in the Supreme Court.
The eight-storey building had collapsed in Mumbra, a suburb of Thane, on April 4, 2013 in which 74 people, including 18 children, had died.
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain