Cal HC gives direction for holding of polls to Medical Council
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court on Wednesday directed that elections to the West Bengal Medical Council be held within six months.
Taking up a PIL by People for Better Treatment (PBT), a division bench comprising Chief Justice Arun Mishra and Justice Joymalyo Bagchi directed that the elections must be held within six months from today to establish a new medical council for the state.
The bench directed that the process of election must be started within the next six weeks and asked the state government to provide necessary assistance for holding of the polls for electing a new body.
PBT president Dr Kunal Saha submitted that though the elections were due since 2010, an ad hoc committee had been appointed by the government to run the council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars