Cal HC gives direction for holding of polls to Medical Council
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court on Wednesday directed that elections to the West Bengal Medical Council be held within six months.
Taking up a PIL by People for Better Treatment (PBT), a division bench comprising Chief Justice Arun Mishra and Justice Joymalyo Bagchi directed that the elections must be held within six months from today to establish a new medical council for the state.
The bench directed that the process of election must be started within the next six weeks and asked the state government to provide necessary assistance for holding of the polls for electing a new body.
PBT president Dr Kunal Saha submitted that though the elections were due since 2010, an ad hoc committee had been appointed by the government to run the council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi