Cal HC gives direction for holding of polls to Medical Council
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court on Wednesday directed that elections to the West Bengal Medical Council be held within six months.
Taking up a PIL by People for Better Treatment (PBT), a division bench comprising Chief Justice Arun Mishra and Justice Joymalyo Bagchi directed that the elections must be held within six months from today to establish a new medical council for the state.
The bench directed that the process of election must be started within the next six weeks and asked the state government to provide necessary assistance for holding of the polls for electing a new body.
PBT president Dr Kunal Saha submitted that though the elections were due since 2010, an ad hoc committee had been appointed by the government to run the council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read