Can bombs with 50 kg explosives recovered in West Midnapore
Jhargram: Security forces Sunday unearthened a total of 50 kg of explosives in five can bombs
in Maoist-hit West Midnapore district and detained two locals
who were later taken away forcibly by a group of women, police
Acting on a tip-off, personnel of joint forces went to
Panchami and Pukhuria villages and recovered the can bombs,
ASP Mukesh Kumar said.
The five cans contained 50 kg explosives in total.
When the securitymen were returning after detaining
two local men in connection with the recovery, a large group
of women surrounded them and demanded that the duo be freed,
Following an altercation, the women managed to snatch
the two villagers from the security men.
The women, from the women`s wing of the Maoist-backed
People`s Committee against Police Atrocities, later took out a
procession to the town here and were stopped by the police at
Paper Mill More.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today