Can bombs with 50 kg explosives recovered in West Midnapore
Jhargram: Security forces Sunday unearthened a total of 50 kg of explosives in five can bombs
in Maoist-hit West Midnapore district and detained two locals
who were later taken away forcibly by a group of women, police
Acting on a tip-off, personnel of joint forces went to
Panchami and Pukhuria villages and recovered the can bombs,
ASP Mukesh Kumar said.
The five cans contained 50 kg explosives in total.
When the securitymen were returning after detaining
two local men in connection with the recovery, a large group
of women surrounded them and demanded that the duo be freed,
Following an altercation, the women managed to snatch
the two villagers from the security men.
The women, from the women`s wing of the Maoist-backed
People`s Committee against Police Atrocities, later took out a
procession to the town here and were stopped by the police at
Paper Mill More.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!