Centre sanctions Rs 944 crore under MGNREGS to West Bengal
Kolkata: With a fresh sanction of Rs 944
crore from the Centre, the West Bengal government has received
about Rs 2500 crore under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural
Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS), state Panchayat and
Rural Development Minister Anisur Rahaman said here on Wednesday.
"After my conversation over phone with the Union Rural
Development Minister C P Joshi and his Minister of State Sisir
Adhikari yesterday, I received a fax about the release of Rs
944 crore by the Centre under MGNREGS", Rahaman said.
"With this, the state government has so far received
Rs 2500 crore. The state government is yet to receive Rs 1000
crore more from the Centre under MGNREGS", he said.
Rahaman had criticised the Centre yesterday for its
delay in releasing the fund under MGNREGS.
Rahaman also spoke with Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee who had assured him to look into the matter.
Meanwhile, Rahaman demanded that the Centre set up a
National Institute of Panchayati Raj in West Bengal in line
with the National Institute of Rural Development in Hyderabad.
A proposal in this regard has already been sent to the
Centre for setting up the institute, Rahaman said adding the
state was ready to give land required for the purpose for free
of cost at Kalyani in Nadia district.
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee also wrote a
letter to the Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee in this
regard, he said.
Rahaman said such an institute will provide facilities
with research, planning and training programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'