Centre sanctions Rs 944 crore under MGNREGS to West Bengal
Kolkata: With a fresh sanction of Rs 944
crore from the Centre, the West Bengal government has received
about Rs 2500 crore under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural
Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS), state Panchayat and
Rural Development Minister Anisur Rahaman said here on Wednesday.
"After my conversation over phone with the Union Rural
Development Minister C P Joshi and his Minister of State Sisir
Adhikari yesterday, I received a fax about the release of Rs
944 crore by the Centre under MGNREGS", Rahaman said.
"With this, the state government has so far received
Rs 2500 crore. The state government is yet to receive Rs 1000
crore more from the Centre under MGNREGS", he said.
Rahaman had criticised the Centre yesterday for its
delay in releasing the fund under MGNREGS.
Rahaman also spoke with Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee who had assured him to look into the matter.
Meanwhile, Rahaman demanded that the Centre set up a
National Institute of Panchayati Raj in West Bengal in line
with the National Institute of Rural Development in Hyderabad.
A proposal in this regard has already been sent to the
Centre for setting up the institute, Rahaman said adding the
state was ready to give land required for the purpose for free
of cost at Kalyani in Nadia district.
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee also wrote a
letter to the Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee in this
regard, he said.
Rahaman said such an institute will provide facilities
with research, planning and training programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in