Chinese national held with red sandalwood
Kolkata: A Chinese national was on Sunday arrested at NSC Bose international airport here for illegally carrying red sandalwood from India.
Assistant Commissioner Customs R S Meena said the Chinese national Lin Viyan Yuoung had come to the airport from Mumbai for boarding the MU-556 flight to Kunming scheduled for departure at 12.35 AM.
Customs sleuths notice a huge bag and on suspicion opened it to find more than 25 kg of red sandalwood.
He was arrested under Wildlife Protection Act and Foreign Trade Act and investigations are on.
The consignment of sandalwood costs is valued nearly Rs 30 lakh in China.
On November 15, another Chinese national Zhen Mao Huang was arrested at the airport here when he tried to carry 98 kg red sandalwood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why