Chinese national held with red sandalwood
Kolkata: A Chinese national was on Sunday arrested at NSC Bose international airport here for illegally carrying red sandalwood from India.
Assistant Commissioner Customs R S Meena said the Chinese national Lin Viyan Yuoung had come to the airport from Mumbai for boarding the MU-556 flight to Kunming scheduled for departure at 12.35 AM.
Customs sleuths notice a huge bag and on suspicion opened it to find more than 25 kg of red sandalwood.
He was arrested under Wildlife Protection Act and Foreign Trade Act and investigations are on.
The consignment of sandalwood costs is valued nearly Rs 30 lakh in China.
On November 15, another Chinese national Zhen Mao Huang was arrested at the airport here when he tried to carry 98 kg red sandalwood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her