Chinese national held with red sandalwood
Kolkata: A Chinese national was on Sunday arrested at NSC Bose international airport here for illegally carrying red sandalwood from India.
Assistant Commissioner Customs R S Meena said the Chinese national Lin Viyan Yuoung had come to the airport from Mumbai for boarding the MU-556 flight to Kunming scheduled for departure at 12.35 AM.
Customs sleuths notice a huge bag and on suspicion opened it to find more than 25 kg of red sandalwood.
He was arrested under Wildlife Protection Act and Foreign Trade Act and investigations are on.
The consignment of sandalwood costs is valued nearly Rs 30 lakh in China.
On November 15, another Chinese national Zhen Mao Huang was arrested at the airport here when he tried to carry 98 kg red sandalwood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016