Chinese national held with red sandalwood
Kolkata: A Chinese national was on Sunday arrested at NSC Bose international airport here for illegally carrying red sandalwood from India.
Assistant Commissioner Customs R S Meena said the Chinese national Lin Viyan Yuoung had come to the airport from Mumbai for boarding the MU-556 flight to Kunming scheduled for departure at 12.35 AM.
Customs sleuths notice a huge bag and on suspicion opened it to find more than 25 kg of red sandalwood.
He was arrested under Wildlife Protection Act and Foreign Trade Act and investigations are on.
The consignment of sandalwood costs is valued nearly Rs 30 lakh in China.
On November 15, another Chinese national Zhen Mao Huang was arrested at the airport here when he tried to carry 98 kg red sandalwood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?