Clarify stand on Bangladeshi immigrants, VHP tells Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Claiming that there were more than 3.5 crore illegal Bangladeshi immigrants in India, Vishwa Hindu Parisad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia Saturday threatened legal action against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for sheltering them.
"We will continue our efforts to build a mass movement to get India rid of Bangladeshi infiltrators whose number has now grown over 3.5 crore. We also demand Mamata Banerjee clarify its stand on the issue," Togadia told media persons here.
"If we find that her government is sheltering and protecting the Bangladeshis who have been infringing on the rights of Indians, we will take legal recourse against Banerjee," he threatened.
There had been a bitter war of words between Banerjee and then Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi during the build up to the Lok Sabha polls.
Accusing the BJP of playing divisive politics, Banerjee had even called for Modi`s arrest for his call to deport the illegal Bangladeshi immigrants.
Togadia also said a World Hindu Congress will be organised Nov 23-24 in Delhi to mark VHP`s golden jubilee celebrations.
"At least 1000 representatives from across the globe will participate in the Congress," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof