Clarify stand on Bangladeshi immigrants, VHP tells Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Claiming that there were more than 3.5 crore illegal Bangladeshi immigrants in India, Vishwa Hindu Parisad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia Saturday threatened legal action against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for sheltering them.
"We will continue our efforts to build a mass movement to get India rid of Bangladeshi infiltrators whose number has now grown over 3.5 crore. We also demand Mamata Banerjee clarify its stand on the issue," Togadia told media persons here.
"If we find that her government is sheltering and protecting the Bangladeshis who have been infringing on the rights of Indians, we will take legal recourse against Banerjee," he threatened.
There had been a bitter war of words between Banerjee and then Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi during the build up to the Lok Sabha polls.
Accusing the BJP of playing divisive politics, Banerjee had even called for Modi`s arrest for his call to deport the illegal Bangladeshi immigrants.
Togadia also said a World Hindu Congress will be organised Nov 23-24 in Delhi to mark VHP`s golden jubilee celebrations.
"At least 1000 representatives from across the globe will participate in the Congress," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested