CPI-M worker lynched in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) worker was lynched allegedly by Trinamool Congress supported miscreants in Barrackpore area of West Bengal`s North 24-Parganas district on Sunday night, police said.
"Sengupta, a worker of the CPI-M`s youth wing Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), was severely beaten up by miscreants near his home at Barrackpore. He was taken to hospital in a serious condition and died a little later," a police officer said.
CPI-M leader Tarit Topdar alleged that the assailants were affiliated to the Trinamool, which denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman