CPI-M worker lynched in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) worker was lynched allegedly by Trinamool Congress supported miscreants in Barrackpore area of West Bengal`s North 24-Parganas district on Sunday night, police said.
"Sengupta, a worker of the CPI-M`s youth wing Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), was severely beaten up by miscreants near his home at Barrackpore. He was taken to hospital in a serious condition and died a little later," a police officer said.
CPI-M leader Tarit Topdar alleged that the assailants were affiliated to the Trinamool, which denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof