CPI-M worker lynched in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) worker was lynched allegedly by Trinamool Congress supported miscreants in Barrackpore area of West Bengal`s North 24-Parganas district on Sunday night, police said.
"Sengupta, a worker of the CPI-M`s youth wing Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), was severely beaten up by miscreants near his home at Barrackpore. He was taken to hospital in a serious condition and died a little later," a police officer said.
CPI-M leader Tarit Topdar alleged that the assailants were affiliated to the Trinamool, which denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'