CPI-M worker lynched in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) worker was lynched allegedly by Trinamool Congress supported miscreants in Barrackpore area of West Bengal`s North 24-Parganas district on Sunday night, police said.
"Sengupta, a worker of the CPI-M`s youth wing Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), was severely beaten up by miscreants near his home at Barrackpore. He was taken to hospital in a serious condition and died a little later," a police officer said.
CPI-M leader Tarit Topdar alleged that the assailants were affiliated to the Trinamool, which denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi