CPI-M worker lynched in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) worker was lynched allegedly by Trinamool Congress supported miscreants in Barrackpore area of West Bengal`s North 24-Parganas district on Sunday night, police said.
"Sengupta, a worker of the CPI-M`s youth wing Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), was severely beaten up by miscreants near his home at Barrackpore. He was taken to hospital in a serious condition and died a little later," a police officer said.
CPI-M leader Tarit Topdar alleged that the assailants were affiliated to the Trinamool, which denied the charge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'