CPI(M) censures senior leader for comments against Buddhadeb
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Tuesday censured senior
leader and former land revenue minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah
for publicly criticising Left leaders Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee
and Nirupam Sen for the poll debacle.
The CPI(M) state secretariat after a meeting censured
Mollah for questioning outgoing Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee`s ability to guide the party during the polls.
On the day of results, Mollah expressed disgust at the
miserable performance of the party and held Bhattacharjee
responsible for the debacle.
"It is amusing that he (Bhattacharjee) dares to catch
a cobra when he has not the ability to hold a common snake,"
Mollah had said.
He also attacked Nirupam Sen for his "faulty industrial
decisions" while working as Industry Minister.
"Sen is solely responsible for the party`s election
failures," Mollah told reporters.
The CPI(M) secretariat meeting, held to make a primary
review of the CPI(M)`s dismal poll performance, was presided
over by Benoy Konar.
Party sources said the meeting took stock of the
post-result situation in the state and expressed concern at
the "armed attacks" on CPI(M) workers in different parts of
The meeting demanded the state government to control the
law and order situation and help maintain peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere