CPI(M) holds Lalgarh rally in show of strength
Lalgarh (WB): The CPI(M) on Friday held a
rally at Lalgarh in West Midnapore district, which the party
"recaptured" from the Maoists a few months ago, in a show of
strength, while directing its attack on the Trinamool
People from different parts of the district, Keshpur,
Garbeta, Pingla and other areas attended the meeting at the
Lalgarh Ramkrishna Vidyalaya ground here.
Repeating the oft repeated allegation by the Marxist
party against the Trinamool Congress, Western Region
Development minister Sushanta Ghosh said that there was a
secret understanding between the party and the Maoists.
Dubbing TC chief Mamata Banerjee as "lady Hitler",
Ghosh said "she is a dictator who demands withdrawal of joint
forces to give Maoists a free run in the West Midnapore
district to create lawlessness."
"But, people will resist with all their might," he
Claiming that peace had returned to Lalgarh with the
return of CPI(M) after driving away Maoists, Ghosh said "but
Mamata won`t allow peace to return. She is also intentionally
not allowing the Jindal group to set up industry here."
He said that Mamata wanted to dislodge the Left
Front government, which represented the poor and the landless.
All India Krishak Sabha President Tarun Roy and CPI(M)
district Secretary Dipak Sarkar also came down heavily on
Mamata and her party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram