CPI(M) points to GJM support to TC/Cong as `separatist`
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Friday swiftly seized
on the announcement of support to the Trinamool Congress and
Congress by the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha in the West Bengal
assembly elections to dub it as `an alliance of separatist
"The Trinamool Congress has nexus with all separatist
forces -- the Maoists in junglemahal and the GJM in the
Darjeeling hills. We have been saying this for long and it has
been proved once again," senior CPI(M) leader and Health
Minister Surjya Kanta Mishra said here today.
Describing the alliance as `reactionary and
anti-people`, he said "the people will give a reply in the
coming assembly elections against those supporting separatist
Singling out the Trinamool Congress as `a threat to
the internal security in the state`, Mishra also accused the
opposition party, a former ally of the BJP, of bringing the
saffron party to the state.
"The burden of the NDA and UPA-II governments is now
the burden of this state. People will give a fitting reply in
the coming polls," Mishra, confident that the Left Front would
retain power for an eighth straight time, said.
The GJM, which is fighting for a separate state of
Gorkhaland in the Darjeeling hills, announced support to the
the TC-Congress alliance in the plains of Siliguri and Dooars
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out