CPRM questions GJM on agitation in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: The Communist Party of Revolutionary Marxist on Wednesday took exception to the GJM unilaterally announcing fresh agitation in Darjeeling hills for `Gorkhaland` next month and said the matter should have been discussed with the GJAC.
"Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) chief Bimal Gurung should have made known his decision before the Gorkhaland Joint Action Committee (GJAC) as GJM is a part of GJAC," CPRM spokesman Govind Chettri said.
"Disputes are bound to arise in the committee if its constituents like CPRM are not consulted before making such major decisions," he said.
Gurung had told reporters yesterday that the movement for `Gorkhaland` would be intensified from October 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video