Dacoits held in Siliguri
Jalpaiguri: Police today recovered huge
quantities of arms, ammunition and explosives in simultaneous
raids at Hamiltonganj, Alipurduar and Jaygaon areas and
arrested six persons.
The six were suspected to be involved in the
September 20 dacoity in Siliguri town in which guard of a
jewellery shop was killed.
Jalpaigurti Superintendent of Police S Sen said today
that the recovered arms and ammunition included 24 nine mm
pistols (improvised), two carbines, two improvised automatic
rifles, 22 extra magazines, 270 rounds of ammunition, 11
gelatine sticks and 1,200 gm of explosive powder.
Besides, 744 gm of gold and Rs 3.45 lakh in cash were
also recovered during the raids.
The SP said that all the six were suspected to be
involved in the dacoity in a jewellery shop when a guard was
killed while resisting them.
He said investigations were in progress to ascertain
from where these arms and ammunition were procured and if
these six persons were part of any inter-state gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch