Dacoits held in Siliguri
Jalpaiguri: Police today recovered huge
quantities of arms, ammunition and explosives in simultaneous
raids at Hamiltonganj, Alipurduar and Jaygaon areas and
arrested six persons.
The six were suspected to be involved in the
September 20 dacoity in Siliguri town in which guard of a
jewellery shop was killed.
Jalpaigurti Superintendent of Police S Sen said today
that the recovered arms and ammunition included 24 nine mm
pistols (improvised), two carbines, two improvised automatic
rifles, 22 extra magazines, 270 rounds of ammunition, 11
gelatine sticks and 1,200 gm of explosive powder.
Besides, 744 gm of gold and Rs 3.45 lakh in cash were
also recovered during the raids.
The SP said that all the six were suspected to be
involved in the dacoity in a jewellery shop when a guard was
killed while resisting them.
He said investigations were in progress to ascertain
from where these arms and ammunition were procured and if
these six persons were part of any inter-state gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city