Death toll reaches 16 in Malda infant deaths
Malda: Even as the death toll in the death of infants in Malda medical college hospital rose to 16, a three member expert team on Sunday ascertained that the casualties were caused due to malnutrition and low weight.
Four more infants died last night taking the toll since May 22 to 16, the expert team headed by the joint director of Medical Education Research and Training (MERT) Dr Indrajit Saha said malnutrition and low weight was the cause for the deaths.
The team visited the hospital premises and various departments and surveyed precautionary measures to avoid such incidents.
According to the report of the team, the cause of the deaths was nothing "abnormal" with malnutrition being a common factor.
Meanwhile, the seven-member committee, formed after the deaths by the district magistrate, has also submitted its report to the hospital authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch