Death toll reaches 16 in Malda infant deaths
Malda: Even as the death toll in the death of infants in Malda medical college hospital rose to 16, a three member expert team on Sunday ascertained that the casualties were caused due to malnutrition and low weight.
Four more infants died last night taking the toll since May 22 to 16, the expert team headed by the joint director of Medical Education Research and Training (MERT) Dr Indrajit Saha said malnutrition and low weight was the cause for the deaths.
The team visited the hospital premises and various departments and surveyed precautionary measures to avoid such incidents.
According to the report of the team, the cause of the deaths was nothing "abnormal" with malnutrition being a common factor.
Meanwhile, the seven-member committee, formed after the deaths by the district magistrate, has also submitted its report to the hospital authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot