Death toll reaches 16 in Malda infant deaths
Malda: Even as the death toll in the death of infants in Malda medical college hospital rose to 16, a three member expert team on Sunday ascertained that the casualties were caused due to malnutrition and low weight.
Four more infants died last night taking the toll since May 22 to 16, the expert team headed by the joint director of Medical Education Research and Training (MERT) Dr Indrajit Saha said malnutrition and low weight was the cause for the deaths.
The team visited the hospital premises and various departments and surveyed precautionary measures to avoid such incidents.
According to the report of the team, the cause of the deaths was nothing "abnormal" with malnutrition being a common factor.
Meanwhile, the seven-member committee, formed after the deaths by the district magistrate, has also submitted its report to the hospital authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof