Durgapur bye-election on July 5
New Delhi: The Election Commission has
announced that the bye-elections to Durgapur Assembly
constituency in West Bengal will be held on July 5.
While the notification for the bye-election will be
issued on June 11, the last date of filing nominations is June
18, according to a press release issued by the Commission.
Scrutiny of nominations is on June 19 and last date of
withdrawal of candidature is June 21.
The Commission has decided to use EVMs in this
bye-election in all the polling stations.
Counting of votes will take place on July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack