Durgapur bye-election on July 5
New Delhi: The Election Commission has
announced that the bye-elections to Durgapur Assembly
constituency in West Bengal will be held on July 5.
While the notification for the bye-election will be
issued on June 11, the last date of filing nominations is June
18, according to a press release issued by the Commission.
Scrutiny of nominations is on June 19 and last date of
withdrawal of candidature is June 21.
The Commission has decided to use EVMs in this
bye-election in all the polling stations.
Counting of votes will take place on July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?