Eleventh session of WB Assembly prorogued
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor MK
Narayanan has prorogued the 11th session of the state Assembly
with effect from March 26, the last session of the 14th House.
The House had its budget session for a brief period from
March 10 after which it was adjourned sine die by outgoing
Speaker HA Halim.
The 15th Assembly would be constituted by the second
week of June.
The state will witness a six-phase election beginning
from April 18 and ending on May 10 to constitute the new
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez