Family of West Bengal gang-rape victim to meet Nitish Kumar today
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: The family of Madhyamgram gang-rape victim is likely to meet Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday.
The parents of the 16-year-old victim, who hail from Samastipur in Bihar, have arrived in Patna to meet the Bihar CM and ask him for “justice".
After meeting Nitish Kumar, the family will then travel back ahead of the hearing of their petition in Calcutta High Court demanding a CBI probe.
The minor girl was allegedly gang-raped twice last year and then set on fire by the accused on December 23. She later succumbed to her injuries on December 31.
The family had met President Pranab Mukherjee earlier demanding death penalty for the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what