Family of West Bengal gang-rape victim to meet Nitish Kumar today
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: The family of Madhyamgram gang-rape victim is likely to meet Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday.
The parents of the 16-year-old victim, who hail from Samastipur in Bihar, have arrived in Patna to meet the Bihar CM and ask him for “justice".
After meeting Nitish Kumar, the family will then travel back ahead of the hearing of their petition in Calcutta High Court demanding a CBI probe.
The minor girl was allegedly gang-raped twice last year and then set on fire by the accused on December 23. She later succumbed to her injuries on December 31.
The family had met President Pranab Mukherjee earlier demanding death penalty for the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal