Family of West Bengal gang-rape victim to meet Nitish Kumar today
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: The family of Madhyamgram gang-rape victim is likely to meet Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday.
The parents of the 16-year-old victim, who hail from Samastipur in Bihar, have arrived in Patna to meet the Bihar CM and ask him for “justice".
After meeting Nitish Kumar, the family will then travel back ahead of the hearing of their petition in Calcutta High Court demanding a CBI probe.
The minor girl was allegedly gang-raped twice last year and then set on fire by the accused on December 23. She later succumbed to her injuries on December 31.
The family had met President Pranab Mukherjee earlier demanding death penalty for the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C