FB to build alternative to Congress, BJP
Kolkata: Considering the `significant role` Left parties could play in the given political situation in the country, the All-India Forward Bloc on Tuesday said it would leave no stone unturned to build up left, democratic, secular unity as an alternative to the Congress and the BJP.
Stating that in the present political situation where
regional parties were the biggest gainer out of the political
crisis, AIFB general secretary Debabrata Biswas regretted
that Left forces were not coming closer on national issues
like corruption, price rise and corporate exploitations.
"Simply issuing joint statements on regular basis on
different issues will not help build Left unity, which
requires relentless mass action," Biswas told reporters at
the end of the party`s 3-day central committee meeting.
He said that at the time of election, all Left parties
contested against each other and divided anti-Congress and
He appealed to the socialist forces to see the
writing on the wall, he said that the political situation in
the country was very fluid with "the government managing its
majority on a daily basis and the Congress at the nadir of its
"The TMC and the DMK, the major two allies of the UPA,
are always browbeating the government on one or other pretext.
The unceremonious removal of the Railway minister Dinesh
Trivedi is the latest example and the Congress is tolerating
all these commands of allies only to hang on to power."
Biswas said that AIFB would launch a nationwide
movement against the `anti-people policies` of the UPA
government in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers