Former CPI (M) minister threatens hunger-strike
Midnapore: Former CPI (M) minister
Sushanta Ghosh, who was arrested in connection with recovery
of seven skeletons near his ancestral house, Wednesday threatened
to go on an indefinite hunger-strike alleging mental torture.
Ghosh, who could briefly speak to newsmen before he was
whisked into the court, said he had been interrogated
continuously for 30 hours by the CID as a result of which he
He said the interrogation was a `mental torture` and he
would go an indefinite hunger-strike in protest against it.
"I also did not have lunch this afternoon," he said.
Meanwhile, in Kolkata, DG CID V V Thambi, who met Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee, said Ghosh was being brought back
from Midnapore to Kolkata tonight and his interrogation would
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?