Former CPI (M) minister threatens hunger-strike
Midnapore: Former CPI (M) minister
Sushanta Ghosh, who was arrested in connection with recovery
of seven skeletons near his ancestral house, Wednesday threatened
to go on an indefinite hunger-strike alleging mental torture.
Ghosh, who could briefly speak to newsmen before he was
whisked into the court, said he had been interrogated
continuously for 30 hours by the CID as a result of which he
He said the interrogation was a `mental torture` and he
would go an indefinite hunger-strike in protest against it.
"I also did not have lunch this afternoon," he said.
Meanwhile, in Kolkata, DG CID V V Thambi, who met Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee, said Ghosh was being brought back
from Midnapore to Kolkata tonight and his interrogation would
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi