Former CPI (M) minister threatens hunger-strike
Midnapore: Former CPI (M) minister
Sushanta Ghosh, who was arrested in connection with recovery
of seven skeletons near his ancestral house, Wednesday threatened
to go on an indefinite hunger-strike alleging mental torture.
Ghosh, who could briefly speak to newsmen before he was
whisked into the court, said he had been interrogated
continuously for 30 hours by the CID as a result of which he
He said the interrogation was a `mental torture` and he
would go an indefinite hunger-strike in protest against it.
"I also did not have lunch this afternoon," he said.
Meanwhile, in Kolkata, DG CID V V Thambi, who met Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee, said Ghosh was being brought back
from Midnapore to Kolkata tonight and his interrogation would
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’