Former CPI (M) minister threatens hunger-strike
Midnapore: Former CPI (M) minister
Sushanta Ghosh, who was arrested in connection with recovery
of seven skeletons near his ancestral house, Wednesday threatened
to go on an indefinite hunger-strike alleging mental torture.
Ghosh, who could briefly speak to newsmen before he was
whisked into the court, said he had been interrogated
continuously for 30 hours by the CID as a result of which he
He said the interrogation was a `mental torture` and he
would go an indefinite hunger-strike in protest against it.
"I also did not have lunch this afternoon," he said.
Meanwhile, in Kolkata, DG CID V V Thambi, who met Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee, said Ghosh was being brought back
from Midnapore to Kolkata tonight and his interrogation would
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31