Former CPI (M) minister threatens hunger-strike
Midnapore: Former CPI (M) minister
Sushanta Ghosh, who was arrested in connection with recovery
of seven skeletons near his ancestral house, Wednesday threatened
to go on an indefinite hunger-strike alleging mental torture.
Ghosh, who could briefly speak to newsmen before he was
whisked into the court, said he had been interrogated
continuously for 30 hours by the CID as a result of which he
He said the interrogation was a `mental torture` and he
would go an indefinite hunger-strike in protest against it.
"I also did not have lunch this afternoon," he said.
Meanwhile, in Kolkata, DG CID V V Thambi, who met Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee, said Ghosh was being brought back
from Midnapore to Kolkata tonight and his interrogation would
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress