Four children among 5 struck dead by lightning in Bengal
Malda: Five persons, including four children, died after being hit by lightning during a thundershower at Chancold in Malda district, the police said on Monday.
Four children - Bittu Saha (10), Joyprakash Singha (11), Md Hossain (11) and Mumpy Khatun (13) - were killed by lightning at Harishchandrapur village when they went to pick mangoes during a thundershower last night.
In a separate incident, one farmer died after being struck by lightning when he was returning from field at Kushal village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued