GJM holds out olive branch to West Bengal government
Darjeeling: With the Gorkhaland agitation going slow following strong measures taken by the administration, the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha on Friday held out an olive branch to the the West Bengal government, saying it wanted to clear `misunderstandings` with it.
"There is no bandh now. We want to seriously run Gorkha Territorial Administration (hill council) without any disturbance for which we need the state government`s help. We want to sort out misunderstanding with them," Morcha leader Harka Bahadur Chhetri said here ahead of a GTA meeting with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Asked about the demand for Gorkhaland, he said, "Gorkhaland is a different chapter. Now we will discuss GTA. Our main goal is to provide facilities to the people by running the GTA well. If the people are satisfied (with GTA), what can we say?"
Chhetri said that certain issues which were unsolved and created problems in running the GTA would be discussed with the chief minister.
He said that the issue of the release of arrested GJM leaders would also be raised at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof