GJM wins three Assembly seats in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti
Morcha on Friday wrested the Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong
Assembly seats in the Darjeeling hills from its arch rival
Gorkha National Liberation Front.
GJM candidate for Darjeeling Trilok Dewan defeated
GNLF candidate Bhim Subba by a margin of 106,555 votes.
In the Kalimpong seat, Harka Bahadur Chettri of GJM
defeated Prakash Dahal of GNLF by a margin of 101,675.
GJM also bagged teh Kurseong assembly seat. Its
candidate Rohit Sharma defeated GNLF candidate Pemu Chetri by
GNLF had won the three seats in the 2006 Assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan