GJM wins three Assembly seats in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti
Morcha on Friday wrested the Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong
Assembly seats in the Darjeeling hills from its arch rival
Gorkha National Liberation Front.
GJM candidate for Darjeeling Trilok Dewan defeated
GNLF candidate Bhim Subba by a margin of 106,555 votes.
In the Kalimpong seat, Harka Bahadur Chettri of GJM
defeated Prakash Dahal of GNLF by a margin of 101,675.
GJM also bagged teh Kurseong assembly seat. Its
candidate Rohit Sharma defeated GNLF candidate Pemu Chetri by
GNLF had won the three seats in the 2006 Assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!