GJM wins three Assembly seats in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti
Morcha on Friday wrested the Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong
Assembly seats in the Darjeeling hills from its arch rival
Gorkha National Liberation Front.
GJM candidate for Darjeeling Trilok Dewan defeated
GNLF candidate Bhim Subba by a margin of 106,555 votes.
In the Kalimpong seat, Harka Bahadur Chettri of GJM
defeated Prakash Dahal of GNLF by a margin of 101,675.
GJM also bagged teh Kurseong assembly seat. Its
candidate Rohit Sharma defeated GNLF candidate Pemu Chetri by
GNLF had won the three seats in the 2006 Assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje