GJM wins three Assembly seats in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti
Morcha on Friday wrested the Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong
Assembly seats in the Darjeeling hills from its arch rival
Gorkha National Liberation Front.
GJM candidate for Darjeeling Trilok Dewan defeated
GNLF candidate Bhim Subba by a margin of 106,555 votes.
In the Kalimpong seat, Harka Bahadur Chettri of GJM
defeated Prakash Dahal of GNLF by a margin of 101,675.
GJM also bagged teh Kurseong assembly seat. Its
candidate Rohit Sharma defeated GNLF candidate Pemu Chetri by
GNLF had won the three seats in the 2006 Assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...