GJM wins three Assembly seats in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti
Morcha on Friday wrested the Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong
Assembly seats in the Darjeeling hills from its arch rival
Gorkha National Liberation Front.
GJM candidate for Darjeeling Trilok Dewan defeated
GNLF candidate Bhim Subba by a margin of 106,555 votes.
In the Kalimpong seat, Harka Bahadur Chettri of GJM
defeated Prakash Dahal of GNLF by a margin of 101,675.
GJM also bagged teh Kurseong assembly seat. Its
candidate Rohit Sharma defeated GNLF candidate Pemu Chetri by
GNLF had won the three seats in the 2006 Assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!