Goods train derails, several trains diverted
Bolpur: Six wagons of a goods train
derailed today at Sainthia station in Birbhum district,
resulting into diversion of a number of trains on Sahebganj
The goods train derailed at 3 pm, blocking both the UP
and DOWN tracks and railway officials have reached the spot to
restore train services, railway officials said.
A number of express trains like Kanchanjungha Express,
Sahid Express, Bengaluru-Guwahati Express were stranded at
Bihar-bound trains were diverted through Katwa and
Jhajha, sources said.
Local trains Rampurhat and Burdwan were cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees