Govt happy at Supreme Court order: WB Panchayat Minister
Kolkata: West Bengal Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee on Friday said that the government was happy at the Supreme Court order rescheduling the dates of the panchayat polls in the state in five phases.
"We are happy," Mukherjee told a TV channel.
He, however, accused the State Election Commission of `being averse` to holding the panchayat polls "and that caused the delay in the process."
The minister said that the state government did not want the panchayat polls to be held during the month of Ramzan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack