Govt happy at Supreme Court order: WB Panchayat Minister
Kolkata: West Bengal Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee on Friday said that the government was happy at the Supreme Court order rescheduling the dates of the panchayat polls in the state in five phases.
"We are happy," Mukherjee told a TV channel.
He, however, accused the State Election Commission of `being averse` to holding the panchayat polls "and that caused the delay in the process."
The minister said that the state government did not want the panchayat polls to be held during the month of Ramzan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration
- Watch: AR Murugadoss introduces action avatar of Sonakshi Sinha in 'Akira'
- Style queen Kangana Ranaut stuns in Grazia India's 100th issue cover! - Pics inside
- ICE vs FRA Preview: Dark Horses Iceland face favorites France in quarter-finals
- Love blooms amidst wrestling! Salman Khan-Anushka Sharma look delightful in 'Sultan' new still