Govt happy at Supreme Court order: WB Panchayat Minister
Kolkata: West Bengal Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee on Friday said that the government was happy at the Supreme Court order rescheduling the dates of the panchayat polls in the state in five phases.
"We are happy," Mukherjee told a TV channel.
He, however, accused the State Election Commission of `being averse` to holding the panchayat polls "and that caused the delay in the process."
The minister said that the state government did not want the panchayat polls to be held during the month of Ramzan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?