Govt happy at Supreme Court order: WB Panchayat Minister
Kolkata: West Bengal Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee on Friday said that the government was happy at the Supreme Court order rescheduling the dates of the panchayat polls in the state in five phases.
"We are happy," Mukherjee told a TV channel.
He, however, accused the State Election Commission of `being averse` to holding the panchayat polls "and that caused the delay in the process."
The minister said that the state government did not want the panchayat polls to be held during the month of Ramzan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations