Govt happy at Supreme Court order: WB Panchayat Minister
Kolkata: West Bengal Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee on Friday said that the government was happy at the Supreme Court order rescheduling the dates of the panchayat polls in the state in five phases.
"We are happy," Mukherjee told a TV channel.
He, however, accused the State Election Commission of `being averse` to holding the panchayat polls "and that caused the delay in the process."
The minister said that the state government did not want the panchayat polls to be held during the month of Ramzan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad