Govt plans bifurcation of Burdwan district
Burdwan: West Bengal government has
been planning to carve out as a separate district the
industrial region of Durgapur-Asansol in Burdwan district,
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Saturday.
Talking to reporters at Durgapur, she said the state
government had various plans for development of the
Banerjee said a helicopter service for three
industrial towns -- Durgapur, Asansol and Haldia -- would
The SAIL would invest Rs 20,000 crore for expansion of
the the Durgapur Steel Plant, she said adding a polytechnic
college would also come up at Durgapur.
The chief minister, however, did not reply to a
question on the fate of the aerotropolis project at Andal in
Burdwan district which was facing rough weather with
landlosers demanding higher compensation and other reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends