Hillary visit: FBI takes over security of hotel
Kolkata: A multi-tier security ring was thrown around each floor of the city hotel, where visiting US secretary of state Hillary Clinton is staying with a 40-member delegation, with elite US security personnel from the FBI entirely looking after the dignitary`s security.
Starting from the reception counter to the upper floors, banquet hall and other rooms, FBI teams have taken over providing complete security, police sources said.
Nearly 100 rooms have been booked for the visiting US delegation.
The FBI teams arrived in the city at least a week back to review security for Hillary Clinton and her entourage.
Boarders have been issued special passes and everyone is being frisked before being allowed entry through the security zones.
Security has been stringent in the entire Alipore area where the hotel is situated as also around the Zoological garden and the National Library in the area.
Contacted, hotel authorities refused to speak about the menu for the former US first lady and requested the US consulate not to answer queries regarding this, sources said.
Sunday traffic in front of the Jawaharlal Nehru road was regulated as Clinton visited the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) before her arrival at the Victoria Memorial.
Curious onlookers were kept at bay by the policemen as the motorcades of the high-profile visitor arrived at the venues during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire