Hillary visit: FBI takes over security of hotel
Kolkata: A multi-tier security ring was thrown around each floor of the city hotel, where visiting US secretary of state Hillary Clinton is staying with a 40-member delegation, with elite US security personnel from the FBI entirely looking after the dignitary`s security.
Starting from the reception counter to the upper floors, banquet hall and other rooms, FBI teams have taken over providing complete security, police sources said.
Nearly 100 rooms have been booked for the visiting US delegation.
The FBI teams arrived in the city at least a week back to review security for Hillary Clinton and her entourage.
Boarders have been issued special passes and everyone is being frisked before being allowed entry through the security zones.
Security has been stringent in the entire Alipore area where the hotel is situated as also around the Zoological garden and the National Library in the area.
Contacted, hotel authorities refused to speak about the menu for the former US first lady and requested the US consulate not to answer queries regarding this, sources said.
Sunday traffic in front of the Jawaharlal Nehru road was regulated as Clinton visited the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) before her arrival at the Victoria Memorial.
Curious onlookers were kept at bay by the policemen as the motorcades of the high-profile visitor arrived at the venues during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'