JC for Sushanta Ghosh in money recovery case
Kolkata: A local court on Monday remanded former
CPI-M minister Sushanta Ghosh in 14 days` judicial custody in
a money recovery case, rejecting a plea by Kolkata Police for
Judge Krishna Poddar of the Alipore Special Court ordered
judicial custody for Ghosh in the case relating to the
recovery of Rs 5,15,500 from his D L Khan Road residence on
The Kolkata Police, which is investigating the case, had
asked for police custody to facilitate interrogation of the
Ghosh will be produced in the court on September 19 in
connection with another case relating to recovery of human
skulls which is being investigated by the State Crime
On June 4, 2011, five human skulls and bones were found in
a mass grave at Benachapra village, close to Ghosh`s ancestral
home in West Midnapore.
Following the recovery of the skulls, Syamal Acharya,
son of one of the missing victims, claimed that one of the
skeletons was his father`s.
The CID rounded up Ghosh and raided his residence and
found Rs 5 lakh along with some documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez