Mamata apprises Shinde about West Bengal`s problems
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and apprised him about the problems of the state.
Shinde, who Wednesday chaired the Eastern Zonal Council meeting represented by West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand and Bihar, said the meeting was a success.
"Despite her illness, Mamataji attended the meeting and I am grateful to her for that. She has rightfully put forth the problems of the state," Shinde told mediapersons after the meet.
"The meeting has gone well. Problems of the neighbouring states were shared," added Shinde.
Banerjee, who fell ill after being heckled by student activists in New Delhi, was admitted to a city nursing home April 10. She was discharged April 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened