Mamata attacks "Congress-BJP syndicate" for clearing Telangana
Kolkata: A day after Parliament gave its nod to Telangana to become the 29th state, Mamata Banerjee on Friday attacked the "Congress-BJP syndicate" for clearing the bill to serve their respective political agendas describing the "unholy nexus" as an "alarming signal" for the country.
"I am astonished to see how the syndicate of Congress and BJP worked in tandem to fulfil their own political agendas," Banerjee, chief of the Trinamool Congress which had yesterday vociferously protested against the bill, wrote in her post on Facebook.
"What will be the future of the country if the two political parties connive in this way to manipulate important legislations affecting states without taking the states into confidence?" she wondered.
She went on to say, "The `so-called` passing of the Telengana Bill in the Lok Sabha for creation of a new State has been unconstitutional, undemocratic, unethical and illegal, as I had earlier said".
Banerjee, the West Bengal Chief Minister, said when division was sought by the Opposition and amendments were proposed, they were not allowed.
More so, such an important bill was taken up behind closed doors, even blacking out the usual live proceedings of the House on TV, demolishing the very spirit of democracy on that day, Banerjee said.
"This illegally `so-called` passed bill was then placed in Rajya Sabha and `so-called` passed. Our party protested how such an illegally passed bill in the Lok Sabha can come up to the Rajya Sabha.
"They are taking decisions unilaterally when election is knocking at the door. Is it fair, ethical, constitutional? This unholy nexus is indeed an alarming signal for the country," she observed.
Creation of Telangana as India`s 29th state was approved by Parliament last night with the Rajya Sabha clearing the contentious bill to split Andhra Pradesh after Congress and BJP came together amidst a bedlam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read