Mamata Banerjee getting better: Doctor
Kolkata: The condition of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who is undergoing treatment at a private nursing home in the city, is "improving", a doctor attending on her said Friday.
Banerjee was taken to the Belle Vue Clinic shortly after she landed in the city from Delhi on Wednesday, with complaint of breathing problems, palpitation and body pain.
The doctor, part of the medical team formed for Banerjee`s treatment, said: "She is a bit nauseous because of the analgesics (pain-killers) she is taking for the back and knee pain. She vomitted last night, but her condition is improving."
According to the doctor, her discharge date has not yet been decided.
"She still has pain in her back and left knee, which is affecting her movements. She is having difficulty while getting off her bed," the doctor said, adding: "She just had a cup of tea and biscuits this morning. We haven`t yet decided when to discharge her, let us see."
Earlier Friday, Banerjee underwent ECG tests.
Banerjee and her Finance Minister Amit Mitra were Tuesday heckled by activists of the Students Federation of India, the students` wing of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, when she went to the Planning Commission office in Delhi for a meeting.
In Delhi on Wednesday morning, Banerjee said she had been on oxygen throughout Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo