Mamata Banerjee getting better: Doctor
Kolkata: The condition of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who is undergoing treatment at a private nursing home in the city, is "improving", a doctor attending on her said Friday.
Banerjee was taken to the Belle Vue Clinic shortly after she landed in the city from Delhi on Wednesday, with complaint of breathing problems, palpitation and body pain.
The doctor, part of the medical team formed for Banerjee`s treatment, said: "She is a bit nauseous because of the analgesics (pain-killers) she is taking for the back and knee pain. She vomitted last night, but her condition is improving."
According to the doctor, her discharge date has not yet been decided.
"She still has pain in her back and left knee, which is affecting her movements. She is having difficulty while getting off her bed," the doctor said, adding: "She just had a cup of tea and biscuits this morning. We haven`t yet decided when to discharge her, let us see."
Earlier Friday, Banerjee underwent ECG tests.
Banerjee and her Finance Minister Amit Mitra were Tuesday heckled by activists of the Students Federation of India, the students` wing of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, when she went to the Planning Commission office in Delhi for a meeting.
In Delhi on Wednesday morning, Banerjee said she had been on oxygen throughout Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre