Mamata Banerjee getting better: Doctor
Kolkata: The condition of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who is undergoing treatment at a private nursing home in the city, is "improving", a doctor attending on her said Friday.
Banerjee was taken to the Belle Vue Clinic shortly after she landed in the city from Delhi on Wednesday, with complaint of breathing problems, palpitation and body pain.
The doctor, part of the medical team formed for Banerjee`s treatment, said: "She is a bit nauseous because of the analgesics (pain-killers) she is taking for the back and knee pain. She vomitted last night, but her condition is improving."
According to the doctor, her discharge date has not yet been decided.
"She still has pain in her back and left knee, which is affecting her movements. She is having difficulty while getting off her bed," the doctor said, adding: "She just had a cup of tea and biscuits this morning. We haven`t yet decided when to discharge her, let us see."
Earlier Friday, Banerjee underwent ECG tests.
Banerjee and her Finance Minister Amit Mitra were Tuesday heckled by activists of the Students Federation of India, the students` wing of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, when she went to the Planning Commission office in Delhi for a meeting.
In Delhi on Wednesday morning, Banerjee said she had been on oxygen throughout Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC