Mamata Banerjee on top of Maoist hit-list, says not afraid
Zee Media Bueau
Kolkata: Firebrand Trinamool Congress president and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is on the top of Maoist hit-list, reports said on Thursday.
Despite being aware of the constant threat to he4r life, the state`s chief minister is not worried and claims that she would continue to fight against the banned CPI-M ultras and their nefarious agenda.
"I have heard that my name tops their hit-list. If they are brave enough let them come. I am not afraid of them. Nothing can stop me from visiting Junglemahal," Banerjee said while addressing a public rally in Silda on Wednesday.
Dubbing Maoists as cowards, the aggressive TMC leader said, "I will visit Junglemahal a thousand times to carry on the development process."
She also came down heavily on the Maoists, who take advantage of darkness of the night to kill people.
Urging people to resist the Maoists so that they could not disturb peace, she said, "We have recruited many people in Junglemahal in the police force, in the civic police and village police."
Lashing out at Maoists for pursuing the politics of annihilation, she said a memorial would be built in honour of the 24 Eastern Frontier Rifles personnel, who were killed by the ultras in their camp in West Midnapore district in February 2010.
"I have ordered the police administration to build a memorial in honour of those EFR jawans who lost their lives in the line of duty after being attacked by Maoists," she said.
A community training centre would also come up, the Chief Minister said.
The state government would take up a tourism project spread over Goaltore, Silda and other areas of the district to attract more tourists to Junglemahal for its economic development, she added.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened