Mamata Banerjee on top of Maoist hit-list, says not afraid
Zee Media Bueau
Kolkata: Firebrand Trinamool Congress president and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is on the top of Maoist hit-list, reports said on Thursday.
Despite being aware of the constant threat to he4r life, the state`s chief minister is not worried and claims that she would continue to fight against the banned CPI-M ultras and their nefarious agenda.
"I have heard that my name tops their hit-list. If they are brave enough let them come. I am not afraid of them. Nothing can stop me from visiting Junglemahal," Banerjee said while addressing a public rally in Silda on Wednesday.
Dubbing Maoists as cowards, the aggressive TMC leader said, "I will visit Junglemahal a thousand times to carry on the development process."
She also came down heavily on the Maoists, who take advantage of darkness of the night to kill people.
Urging people to resist the Maoists so that they could not disturb peace, she said, "We have recruited many people in Junglemahal in the police force, in the civic police and village police."
Lashing out at Maoists for pursuing the politics of annihilation, she said a memorial would be built in honour of the 24 Eastern Frontier Rifles personnel, who were killed by the ultras in their camp in West Midnapore district in February 2010.
"I have ordered the police administration to build a memorial in honour of those EFR jawans who lost their lives in the line of duty after being attacked by Maoists," she said.
A community training centre would also come up, the Chief Minister said.
The state government would take up a tourism project spread over Goaltore, Silda and other areas of the district to attract more tourists to Junglemahal for its economic development, she added.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?