Mamata Banerjee on top of Maoist hit-list, says not afraid
Zee Media Bueau
Kolkata: Firebrand Trinamool Congress president and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is on the top of Maoist hit-list, reports said on Thursday.
Despite being aware of the constant threat to he4r life, the state`s chief minister is not worried and claims that she would continue to fight against the banned CPI-M ultras and their nefarious agenda.
"I have heard that my name tops their hit-list. If they are brave enough let them come. I am not afraid of them. Nothing can stop me from visiting Junglemahal," Banerjee said while addressing a public rally in Silda on Wednesday.
Dubbing Maoists as cowards, the aggressive TMC leader said, "I will visit Junglemahal a thousand times to carry on the development process."
She also came down heavily on the Maoists, who take advantage of darkness of the night to kill people.
Urging people to resist the Maoists so that they could not disturb peace, she said, "We have recruited many people in Junglemahal in the police force, in the civic police and village police."
Lashing out at Maoists for pursuing the politics of annihilation, she said a memorial would be built in honour of the 24 Eastern Frontier Rifles personnel, who were killed by the ultras in their camp in West Midnapore district in February 2010.
"I have ordered the police administration to build a memorial in honour of those EFR jawans who lost their lives in the line of duty after being attacked by Maoists," she said.
A community training centre would also come up, the Chief Minister said.
The state government would take up a tourism project spread over Goaltore, Silda and other areas of the district to attract more tourists to Junglemahal for its economic development, she added.
With PTI inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!