Mamata Banerjee will leave for Singapore on Sunday to attract investment
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would embark on her maiden foreign visit to Singapore on Sunday after assuming office in 2011, with an agenda to attract investment in the state.
She would be accompanied by a `very high level` official and business delegation.
State Finance Minister Amit Mitra had recently said that Singapore Foreign Minister K Shanmugam invited Banerjee to visit that country and she accepted it.
He had further said that she would use the opportunity to attract foreign investment in the state.
The Chief Minister wants to build sustained relations and would meet the Singapore Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, he had said.
During a programme here on Thursday, the Chief Minister had said: "If anyone wants to set up industry in Bengal, they are most welcome. We have also started the initiative of skill development. Companies like Samsung and Raymonds are partnering with us," she had stated.
Mitra had said that work on industrialisation projects of Rs 78,000 crore were currently on in the state and there were proposals of more than Rs one lakh crore.
Talking about the availability of land for industries in Bengal, Mitra had said, "The state government has set up land banks and land parks from where industries have availed plots. The state government has ample amount of land in those land banks".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video