Mamata-Governor bonhomie after war of words
Kolkata: After the war of words over `goondaism` in the state, West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday shared a dais amidst apparent bonhomie.
Banerjee and Narayanan shook hands on the dais at a programme commemorating the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda at the Salt Lake stadium here and were seen chatting together.
Narayanan`s comment on "goondaism" while referring to political violence in the state drew sharp reaction from Panchayat Mminister Subrata Mukherjee who had reportedly retorted about showing the `yellow card` to the Governor. Mukherjee subsequently denied having used the words `yellow card`.
Meanwhile, the chief minister stirred a controversy by using her party slogan `Maa Mati Manush` (mother, earth and humans) while conducting the oath-taking ceremony of youths present at the programme.
"Protecting Maa Mati Manush is our duty," Banerjee said.
The opposition Left Front slammed Banerjee for using her party slogan at a government programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?