Mamata govt`s success claims are "blatant lies"
Bankura (WB): Mamata Banerjee may have claimed that her government has broken new ground in development initiatives, but Leader of the Opposition in West Bengal Assembly Suryakanta Mishra on Sunday said the claims were just "blatant lies".
"The claims of development in Jangalmahal, Darjeeling hills and other areas of the state in the last one year are blatant lies. The problems have not yet solved." Mishra told journalists here at the end of a party meeting.
He said whatever development was being witnessed in the two troubled areas were actually the fruits of initiatives taken by the erstwhile Left Front government.
Specifically mentioning Jangalmahal, the Opposition leader said all the development programmes that were under various stages of progress there had been initiated by the Left Front government.
Still everything was not in order in Jangalmahal, he said and claimed that murder and beating up of CPI-M cadres there were continuing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory