Mamata slams CPI(M) for criticism of her govt
Belda: Slamming the CPI(M) for its `systematic` criticism of her government`s day-to-day performance, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said that she would go ahead with development of the state despite `negative publicity`.
"They (CPI-M) have been systematically critical of whatever our government is doing for the people. Such criticism will not be able to deter me from going ahead with the planned development of the state," the chief minister told a rally in this West Midnapore town.
She alleged that the CPI(M) left the state totally bankrupt after 34 years of `misrule`.
Listing schemes for development of East Midnapore district, she said "We inherited a bankrupt state which we are governing with utmost difficulties. But we will not beg anyone for finance. We will work with dignity and will not bow to anyone."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video