Mamata welcome to join NDA: BJP
Kolkata: In line with the BJP`s recent appeal to Mamata Banerjee to join the NDA, a senior party leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday said she was always welcome to join the combine and praised her for "showing guts" in opposing wrong policies of the Centre.
"In politics there is no permanent friend or foe. Once she was with the NDA and we always welcome Mamataji to come back. But as of today, I cannot say. It is not the ideology which decides who is on which side. Chandrababu Naidu was once with NDA," Modi, the Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar, said.
He claimed that Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalilithaa was also an `ally` of the NDA.
Giving a thumbs up to Banerjee`s opposition to UPA government`s wrong policies, Modi told a press conference that despite being a partner in the ruling coalition, she was not scared and had the guts to opposes the wrong policies.
"She deserve to be praised," Modi said in response to a reporter`s reference to her opposition to the recent petrol price hike and the NCTC.
Asked to comment on the one-year performance of the TMC-led government in West Bengal, Modi declined to assess the government`s performance, but gave her high marks on her "honesty, sincerity, hardwork" and above all her intention to do good for the state.
Asked if the BJP would project Narendra Modi as the prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha election, he said, "Election is far away. We will decide when the time comes. We will take cognizance of our alliance partners because the prime ministerial candidate of BJP will also be the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate. We will take into account sentiments of alliance partners".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org