Maoist issue: Mamata to meet interlocutors
Kolkata: A day after asking the Maoists to
choose between talks and killing, Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee has called a meeting on Thursday with interlocutors
whom she authorised to explore avenues for dialogue with the
ultras in Jangalmahal.
State secretariat sources said the meeting would be held
at the state secretariat to review the situation arising out
of a spurt in Maoist violence in the three districts of West
Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia comprising Jangalmahal.
Perturbed at the resumption of Maoist violence that took
life of two Trinamool Congress and a Jharkhand party leaders
in the region, Banerjee served an ultimatum yesterday to the
ultras, asking them to choose between talks and killing.
"The two can`t go together," she told a rally at Singur.
At the rally she stressed on her government`s desire to
hold dialogue with the Maoists, saying she had no objection
"if they seek more time for talks. But if they kill innocent
persons and then express a desire for talks then the two can`t
go together," Banerjee had said.
The interlocutors, led by human rights activist Sujato
Bhadra, are recently in Jangalmahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi