Maoist issue: Mamata to meet interlocutors
Kolkata: A day after asking the Maoists to
choose between talks and killing, Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee has called a meeting on Thursday with interlocutors
whom she authorised to explore avenues for dialogue with the
ultras in Jangalmahal.
State secretariat sources said the meeting would be held
at the state secretariat to review the situation arising out
of a spurt in Maoist violence in the three districts of West
Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia comprising Jangalmahal.
Perturbed at the resumption of Maoist violence that took
life of two Trinamool Congress and a Jharkhand party leaders
in the region, Banerjee served an ultimatum yesterday to the
ultras, asking them to choose between talks and killing.
"The two can`t go together," she told a rally at Singur.
At the rally she stressed on her government`s desire to
hold dialogue with the Maoists, saying she had no objection
"if they seek more time for talks. But if they kill innocent
persons and then express a desire for talks then the two can`t
go together," Banerjee had said.
The interlocutors, led by human rights activist Sujato
Bhadra, are recently in Jangalmahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune