Maoist posters found from Burdwan University
Burdwan: Four posters from suspected
Maoists threatening local SFI leader and a college professor
were today found from the Burdwan University, sparking off
tension in the campus, police said.
The posters were spotted on the walls of canteens of
humanities and law department.
The posters said SFI`s district secretary Arindam
Chakraborty and Professor Jayanto Saha`s fate will be decided
in the people`s court.
Police, however, brushed off the incident by saying the
ultras are not active in the area and the incident seems to be
a handiwork of the local Trinamool Congress leaders.
SFI leader Chakraborty said, "We are not giving any
importance to this. Trinamool Congress leaders have done this
to spread fear among the students".
Later in the day, when Kartick Khormani, president of
Chatra Parishad, the student wing of Trinamool Congress, tried
to enter the university campus, he was allegedly stopped at
the entry gate.
In an ensuing scuffle between the leaders of the two
student wings, Chakraborty was injured.
With head injuries the SFI leader has been admitted to
Burdwan Medical College and Hospital.
SFI has called for a strike in the varsity tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened