Maoist posters found from Burdwan University
Burdwan: Four posters from suspected
Maoists threatening local SFI leader and a college professor
were today found from the Burdwan University, sparking off
tension in the campus, police said.
The posters were spotted on the walls of canteens of
humanities and law department.
The posters said SFI`s district secretary Arindam
Chakraborty and Professor Jayanto Saha`s fate will be decided
in the people`s court.
Police, however, brushed off the incident by saying the
ultras are not active in the area and the incident seems to be
a handiwork of the local Trinamool Congress leaders.
SFI leader Chakraborty said, "We are not giving any
importance to this. Trinamool Congress leaders have done this
to spread fear among the students".
Later in the day, when Kartick Khormani, president of
Chatra Parishad, the student wing of Trinamool Congress, tried
to enter the university campus, he was allegedly stopped at
the entry gate.
In an ensuing scuffle between the leaders of the two
student wings, Chakraborty was injured.
With head injuries the SFI leader has been admitted to
Burdwan Medical College and Hospital.
SFI has called for a strike in the varsity tomorrow.
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style