Maoists torch tractors, dumper in West Midnapore district
Jhargram: Suspected Maoists torched two tractors and a pay loader in West Midnapore district early Thursday during a blockade called by the Naxal-backed People`s Committee against Police Atrocities (PCPA).
Police said a group of about 15 Maoist ultras reached
Asur Geria and forced drivers of the tractors and dumper to
move them in the middle of the road.
The ultras then took out oil from the tractors and
used the same to set them on fire. They left hand-written
notes at the site demanding that man power be used instead of
The tractors were being used by contractors for
construction of roads, the sources said.
Transport service has been affected in several police
station areas of the district following the indefinite road
blockade call given by the PCPA since Monday.
The PCPA called for the blockade demanding withdrawal
of joint security force and anti-Maoist operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why