Maoists torch tractors, dumper in West Midnapore district
Jhargram: Suspected Maoists torched two tractors and a pay loader in West Midnapore district early Thursday during a blockade called by the Naxal-backed People`s Committee against Police Atrocities (PCPA).
Police said a group of about 15 Maoist ultras reached
Asur Geria and forced drivers of the tractors and dumper to
move them in the middle of the road.
The ultras then took out oil from the tractors and
used the same to set them on fire. They left hand-written
notes at the site demanding that man power be used instead of
The tractors were being used by contractors for
construction of roads, the sources said.
Transport service has been affected in several police
station areas of the district following the indefinite road
blockade call given by the PCPA since Monday.
The PCPA called for the blockade demanding withdrawal
of joint security force and anti-Maoist operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?