Passengers block railway tracks in Bengal
Canning: Angry passengers on Friday blocked the railway tracks at Sonarpur station of Eastern Railway demanding more local trains to Sealdah station in Kolkata.
The police said hundreds of passengers sat on the rails after local trains reached at a very long gap causing overcrowding and many people failed to entrain or detrain during the busy office hour.
Local train services from Sealdah station to Canning, Diamond Harbour, Lakshmikantapur, Baruipur and Namkhana in South 24-Pargans district were disrupted as a result of this blockade, railway officials said.
The passengers demanded more trains and timely operation of the local trains, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell