Passengers block railway tracks in Bengal
Canning: Angry passengers on Friday blocked the railway tracks at Sonarpur station of Eastern Railway demanding more local trains to Sealdah station in Kolkata.
The police said hundreds of passengers sat on the rails after local trains reached at a very long gap causing overcrowding and many people failed to entrain or detrain during the busy office hour.
Local train services from Sealdah station to Canning, Diamond Harbour, Lakshmikantapur, Baruipur and Namkhana in South 24-Pargans district were disrupted as a result of this blockade, railway officials said.
The passengers demanded more trains and timely operation of the local trains, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers