Passengers block railway tracks in Bengal
Canning: Angry passengers on Friday blocked the railway tracks at Sonarpur station of Eastern Railway demanding more local trains to Sealdah station in Kolkata.
The police said hundreds of passengers sat on the rails after local trains reached at a very long gap causing overcrowding and many people failed to entrain or detrain during the busy office hour.
Local train services from Sealdah station to Canning, Diamond Harbour, Lakshmikantapur, Baruipur and Namkhana in South 24-Pargans district were disrupted as a result of this blockade, railway officials said.
The passengers demanded more trains and timely operation of the local trains, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal kickbacks were channelled from Mauritius to India: Report
- Nokia in talks with Indian telcos over 5G networks
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!