PCPA leader held, Jhargram bandh hits normal life
Jhargram: The Joint Forces and the
police arrested a PCPA leader from Cherabani area in West
Midnapore even as the 24-hour Jhargram bandh called by
Jharkhand parties to protest the killing of an influential
Jharkhandi leader by Maoists affected normal life in Jhargram
The Joint Forces and police arrested People`s Committee
Against Police Atrocities (PCPA) leader Dilip Mahato from
Cherabani under Binpur police stations in the early hours of
today, police sources said adding the arrested PCPA leader has
links with the Maoists.
The 24-hour Jhargram sub-division bandh called by the
Jharkhandi parties to protest the killing of Rabindranath Basu
alias Babu, general secretary of Jharkhand Janamukti Morcha by
suspected Maoists at Binpur affected normal life in the
The schools and colleges were closed, shops and markets
had downed their shutter, the sources said.
Government offices and banks had reported very thin
attendance and vehicular traffic was off the road in Jhargram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH