PCPA leader held, Jhargram bandh hits normal life
Jhargram: The Joint Forces and the
police arrested a PCPA leader from Cherabani area in West
Midnapore even as the 24-hour Jhargram bandh called by
Jharkhand parties to protest the killing of an influential
Jharkhandi leader by Maoists affected normal life in Jhargram
The Joint Forces and police arrested People`s Committee
Against Police Atrocities (PCPA) leader Dilip Mahato from
Cherabani under Binpur police stations in the early hours of
today, police sources said adding the arrested PCPA leader has
links with the Maoists.
The 24-hour Jhargram sub-division bandh called by the
Jharkhandi parties to protest the killing of Rabindranath Basu
alias Babu, general secretary of Jharkhand Janamukti Morcha by
suspected Maoists at Binpur affected normal life in the
The schools and colleges were closed, shops and markets
had downed their shutter, the sources said.
Government offices and banks had reported very thin
attendance and vehicular traffic was off the road in Jhargram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...