PCPA leader held, Jhargram bandh hits normal life
Jhargram: The Joint Forces and the
police arrested a PCPA leader from Cherabani area in West
Midnapore even as the 24-hour Jhargram bandh called by
Jharkhand parties to protest the killing of an influential
Jharkhandi leader by Maoists affected normal life in Jhargram
The Joint Forces and police arrested People`s Committee
Against Police Atrocities (PCPA) leader Dilip Mahato from
Cherabani under Binpur police stations in the early hours of
today, police sources said adding the arrested PCPA leader has
links with the Maoists.
The 24-hour Jhargram sub-division bandh called by the
Jharkhandi parties to protest the killing of Rabindranath Basu
alias Babu, general secretary of Jharkhand Janamukti Morcha by
suspected Maoists at Binpur affected normal life in the
The schools and colleges were closed, shops and markets
had downed their shutter, the sources said.
Government offices and banks had reported very thin
attendance and vehicular traffic was off the road in Jhargram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack