People should try and prevent rape: WB Guv
Kolkata: West Bengal governor MK Narayanan on Wednesday said that citizens of the country should come together to try and prevent heinous crimes against women such as rape.
"It is incumbent on all of us to come together and try to prevent a rape," Narayanan said on the sidelines of an event here.
Asked to comment on the recent remarks made by leaders of various political parties on rape incidents, he said, "It is a terrible thing and it should never happen. It is also a matter of shame".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony