People should try and prevent rape: WB Guv
Kolkata: West Bengal governor MK Narayanan on Wednesday said that citizens of the country should come together to try and prevent heinous crimes against women such as rape.
"It is incumbent on all of us to come together and try to prevent a rape," Narayanan said on the sidelines of an event here.
Asked to comment on the recent remarks made by leaders of various political parties on rape incidents, he said, "It is a terrible thing and it should never happen. It is also a matter of shame".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan