People should try and prevent rape: WB Guv
Kolkata: West Bengal governor MK Narayanan on Wednesday said that citizens of the country should come together to try and prevent heinous crimes against women such as rape.
"It is incumbent on all of us to come together and try to prevent a rape," Narayanan said on the sidelines of an event here.
Asked to comment on the recent remarks made by leaders of various political parties on rape incidents, he said, "It is a terrible thing and it should never happen. It is also a matter of shame".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured