People should try and prevent rape: WB Guv
Kolkata: West Bengal governor MK Narayanan on Wednesday said that citizens of the country should come together to try and prevent heinous crimes against women such as rape.
"It is incumbent on all of us to come together and try to prevent a rape," Narayanan said on the sidelines of an event here.
Asked to comment on the recent remarks made by leaders of various political parties on rape incidents, he said, "It is a terrible thing and it should never happen. It is also a matter of shame".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre