PM knows `every detail` about West Bengal: WBPCC
Kolkata: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday said that he knew `every detail` about West Bengal and its people would not be deprived by the Centre.
Senior Congress leader Manas Bhuniya who was in a WBPCC delegation which met Singh said, "The Prime Minister told us that he knows every detail of Bengal. He also told us that all possible help will be given by the Centre to West Bengal. We will not deprive West Bengal and the people of West Bengal."
WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharjee told reporters "PM told us that Centre would provide all assistance. We cannot allow the state to go into a bad condition."
He said that delegation submitted a memorandum to the Prime Minister complaining about the alleged collapse of law and order in the state and that proper utilisation of central funds was not being made.
"We told the Prime Minister that law and order in West Bengal has collapsed. The women are tortured. There is a complete economic mess. We told him that these issues pertained to a state government, but still we urged him to see to it as the situation cannot continue," Bhattacharjee said.
He said that delegation also complained to the Prime Minister about lack of proper utilisation of central funds by the state government in various projects.
Echoing him, Bhuniya said "We complained to the Prime Minister about torture of women, including rapes, and the violence unleashed by the ruling party on Congress workers."
Bhuniya said that he told Singh about the three year moratorium on the interest the state paid annually, a plea which has been repeatedly made by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and the state government`s campaign against the Centre, and called for a counter campaign by the Centre.
He said that the Prime Minister asked AICC leader RC Kunthia who was present to sit with three central ministers and prepare an agenda report on the details of central projects and the assistance being given by the Centre on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- China's first driverless subway line to launch in 2017
- I do what I believe in, can't have double standards: Radhika Apte
- SC asks banks to respond to Vijay Mallya's plea against contempt notice
- SOCIAL MEDIA STORM! 'Use better photo of mine' - 18-year-old 'looks-conscious' WANTED woman tells media
- This is how Jain monk Tarun Sagar responded to Vishal Dadlani's tweets